Gentleness in the Bible

 


As a parent I seek to be kind and loving towards my children. Learning about what the bible has to say about gentleness really gets me excited and passionate. Some view gentleness as weak, but it takes great strength of character and self control to be gentle in many situations. Discovering what God has to say about gentleness truly encompasses all that I want to be!

To me gentle parenting is about treating my children the way I want them to treat others. So much of the parenting advice available encourages parents to show a firm hand and teach their kids a lesson. But no one would really want to be spoken to like that as an adult. Gentle parenting is humbling myself and valuing my children as worthy of respect and kindness. Recognizing that they are still learning and growing needing empathy as well as coaching and guidance.

This may sound idealistic but that is what makes my work as a parenting coach different. I am in the tenches as a working, homeschooling mom of three boys. Having struggled deeply and learned how to change my mindset and transform my family's life shows that I've done the hard work and understand what you are going through. You can read more about my story here.

It was such a joy and honour to write a guest post for Gentle Christian Parenting. Gentleness means showing care and respect for others in the way that we act and speak. This is why I love adding that wonderful word to the style of parenting I strive for.

I encourage you to read the whole post here.  



Connect with Meaghan Jackson of Joyful Mud Puddles

Contact me for more support in your parenting journey. 

I have a Facebook support group

This blog along with a podcast and YouTube channel

Parenting coaching along with other services to offer the support you need in your parenting journey.

Comments